When you receive your mask, be sure to notice how it is assembled.
**Please note: photos below show both black and cream colored masks. All colors of the YOUR WAY MASK work the same, regardless of color**
REMOVING THE PROTECTIVE FILM:
You'll need to peel off the protective film from the clear mouth shield before wearing. Use your fingernail or the edge of a credit card to gently lift a corner of the film, then pull the film off and repeat on the other side:
ADJUSTING THE SHAPE OF THE SHIELD:
The clear mouth shield has an aluminum bar on the top edge & extends 1/2" down each side, allowing you to bend the shield to a shape that is comfortable for you!
OPTION 1: The 'C' shape provides the most distance from your nose and mouth! Note: some people find this shape blocks vision when looking down. Try the modified shapes below to correct this issue):
OPTION 2: The 'relaxed C' shape still provides distance from the nose and mouth, yet allows for more vision when looking down:
OPTION 3: This straighter shape leaves less room between the shield and your nose and mouth, but allows you to easily see things when looking down, and also allows more air to flow in from the sides for even easier breathing:
We suggest that the sides of your clear mouth shield be straight, as shown by the vertical red arrows below, for the best fit on the face. To keep the shield in this shape:
Step 1. Grasp the upper edges of the shield with your thumbs and forefingers, as shown. You will feel the aluminum bar inside the fabric.
Step 2. Using your thumbs, push in against your forefingers so that the top part of the shield is angled in, as shown by the blue line arrows. This allows the sides to be aligned vertically.
ATTACHING THE CLEAR MOUTH SHIELD to MAIN FABRIC MASK PIECE:
1. Insert one corner of the clear mouth shield into the corresponding fabric pocket on the main mask piece. Be sure the hook and loop tape face each other:
2. Next, continue attaching the clear mouth shield along the top inside of the main mask piece, matching the hook and loop tape evenly:
3. Insert the other clear mouth shield corner into the opposite fabric pocket. Firmly press the shield and main fabric mask piece together to assure a secure connection.
ATTACHING THE CHIN PANEL TO THE CLEAR MOUTH SHIELD:
1. Hold mask with inside facing up, as shown. Hold chin panel with care label facing up, as shown:
2. Align the edges of the bottom of the clear mouth shield hook and loop tape with the hook and loop tape on the chin panel, and press together evenly.
3. After bottom edge is attached, join the corners of the chin panel to the velcro on the outer edges of the main fabric mask piece.
4. You can adjust the sides of the chin panel so the panel is looser or tighter against the chin:
ADJUSTING THE NOSE SECTION:
Your nose section can be adjusted if it feels too loose, or sets too high on the nose bridge. By adjusting, you can shorten the length of the nose section.
To adjust: Bend the nose wires so they are flat. Fold the top of the nose section down. Adjust the nose section again by bending to conform to you nose, checking for fit:
ADJUSTING EAR TIES
The soft, stretchy ear ties can be left slightly loose for added comfort, yet will snugly hold the mask on your face!
After you have adjusted the ear ties for best fit, the excess ear tie ends can be tied just behind the silicone toggle, then tied to keep the toggle from slipping off.